This year, Earth Day celebrates its 51st anniversary, but new ideas on how to better the world around you keep popping up! Going green these days is not just about planting a tree or reducing your bottled water intake, you can “go green” in many different aspects of your life - including right in your own home.
The two main areas where you can really make a difference at home are your water and energy consumption. We often don’t think about these areas unless our monthly bills suddenly skyrocket. Wouldn’t you rather plan ahead and invest in tools to help manage your consumption than continue paying the higher bills? Here is a list of changes to consider so you can help keep your family’s consumption in check:
· Purchase a new Smart Hot Water Heater, or a device to program the heating times of your water supply.
· Swap out older kitchen appliances for newer, energy efficient models.
· Install a Smart thermometer in your home to help lower energy consumption.
· Motion Sensitive Lights – the popular outdoor tool is now available for indoor lights as well.
· Smart Power Strips – conserve energy from TV’s, video game systems and other electronics without having to constantly unplug devices.
At Martin & Martin we have seen firsthand how beneficial going green can be. In 2015 our office saw a huge change for the better when we officially went green. Our interior was updated with eco-friendly products and fixtures and our paper footprint was greatly reduced by focusing on digital correspondence. The efforts that went into renovating our work life was supported by the desire to make small changes that add up to a big difference.
Whenever you make changes to your home whether small or large – you can always check with us at Martin & Martin to see if those changes equal savings on your homeowner’s insurance! We want to hear all about how you are going green – give us a call today and share with us – 419-691-1428.