New year, new outlook, new you! January is a time for list making and goal crushing. We want to help you reach your goals this year and we are committed to making your insurance portfolio work for you. We sat down and went over our top items from last year that were most important when reviewing our clients insurance policies. This check list could save you money or could cover your assets in a way you may not have thought of. It only takes a couple minutes to review, but could save you so much in the long run. So let’s get to it:
· Consider your deductibles – are they at the best price point for you? Could you go higher to save or lower for peace of mind?
· Look at your home – did you add on or finally get that kitchen remodel? We need to know as that may affect the value of your investment.
· Do you have big plans for 2020? A new boat, RV or classic car was well planned and thought out. Give proper time to insuring that asset also with a custom insurance policy.
· Are you that much closer to being an empty nester? When kids move out it’s time to move them onto their own insurance policy also.
· Have you considered an Umbrella policy? If you have multiple assets this policy is a must for your protection. Legal costs and judgements can be included under an Umbrella.
· Job change recently? We offer Occupational Discounts you may not find elsewhere. Ask us if you qualify for discounts based on your occupation.
· Did you start a side hustle in 2019 or plan on one in 2020? Home based businesses need to be evaluated as they are not just an extension of your homeowners policy.
· Speaking of…are you an Uber or Lyft driver? Gaps in coverage can and do exist, even if you are only moonlighting as a driver. Grange and Auto Owners will now cover you!
· It may not save you money, but it will make your life much more convenient. Have you downloaded your carriers app? You can now track claims, pay bills online and view ID cards – all from your smarthphone!
This checklist covers many of the items our clients considered over this past year. With Martin & Martin being your local, personal insurance shopper we make sure to listen to your individual situation to ensure that your coverage is tailored to your needs.
Many of you may not have thought about or overlooked some of the things on the checklist – that’s ok! That is why we are here for you, just pick up the phone and give us a call to ask. January is the perfect month to refresh and renew and set you on the right path for whatever 2020 and the new decade has in store for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon – 419-691-1428!